Friday, October 7, 2011

smitten with winter

Years ago I was fortunate enough to travel to Arkansas to attend many arts and crafts shows.  The memories I have are very vivid- - fall leaves, the smell of kettle corn and loads of handmade creations.

Although it's been years ago, I still remember a particular booth that had wonderful found objects with clever sayings on them.  My all-time favorite was an actual pair of old boxing gloves with painted snowmen and the words "snowball fight" on them.  Too cute.

It was this inspiration that made me look at things at rummage sales and garage sales in a different way.  For many years now I've been painting on albums/records....the small 45's and the larger size as well.  I get the biggest grin when I hear someone realize that the paintings are on actual records. 

No comments:

Post a Comment