Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I am learning....

With show demands, a licensing deadline and boutique needs, my work kicks into high gear in the fall.  This year, as soon as the show, deadline and deliveries were done, my body seemed to fall apart.  I got the ick in my lungs for 3 weeks.  In addition, I was no longer able to ignore my shoulder pain- - which landed me in physical therapy.

So, all of this craziness got me thinking about how I work and what I need to do to change.  I've been pushing myself so much that my body finally pushed back.  It was a wake-up call.

Being a very goal-oriented person, I've always been set on producing as much quality work as possible by the time needed.  I run to the studio every chance I get...staying up way too late, getting more and more reliant on caffeine and becoming stressed out.  I decided that I would take December 'off'- - at least as much as possible.  I would play with a new medium and try to re-think my business for 2012.

Well, I'm still thinking, but I have been able to play with some paper clay (very out-of-the-norm for me).  Here are the results....some handmade ornies for some family members....





1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a nice Christmas Michelle. I know from working with you that you do push yourself. We are both goal oriented, but I'm older and wiser ~ lol. I'm glad to see you are doing something fun. It always helps the renewal process. Have a HEALTHY and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete