Saturday, December 10, 2011

Merry Christmas to me....early

I am so giddy that I am smiling from ear to ear!!!

Here's the story....for almost 4 years I've had this idea that my dining room wall needed a hutch of some sort.  I don't really have any collectibles, so it wasn't for displaying.  I wanted something that functioned almost like an extension of my counter.  The idea of a buffet was born.  Pair this with me being extremely 'frugile' and particular.  I had pretty much given up.

Then, I was introduced to Sue.  She is an extremely talented furniture painter.  I walked into a local thrift store and, sitting there in all it's antique, oak glory, it said 'here I am'!  The best part....I paid $59 for it!  It's big and sturdy and wonderful. 



Step 2- I took it to Sue for a make-over.  Today, we picked it up.  So, if you heard a squeal of excitement in the air it was me swooning over my new buffet.  It is even more cool than I envisioned.  Sue did a fantastic job!!!  The finish has white and off-white for versatility.  It's distressed, stained and poly'ed.  It's FANTASTIC!  Take a look...


And kind of out-of-character, I decided to add some bling.... which I LOVE...


I mentioned in a post a while back that this project has caused the domino effect in the house.  I'm looking at everything differently and trying to re-arrange, re-purpose, etc.  We're hosting a few parties in the next month or so....all the more motivation to get some things done around the house.

THANK YOU SUE!  I have a feeling that we'll be seeing each other again.  I've got the 'painted furniture' bug now!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very cool, Michele!! You have such a great eye for stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Plus you know I love those knobs. They go great together. Did you buy them in the big 'O'?

    ReplyDelete