Friday, February 24, 2012

Gnome Sweet Gnome

A few months ago I got a bug...this intense desire to paint gnomes.  Lots and lots of gnomes!  I have painted them peeking out of watering cans, hiding in potted flowers and even a lil' gnome couple holding hands.

After feeling quite pleased with my new springy artwork, I eagerly pulled my husband into the studio to show him my latest work.  As always, he was very sweet and made nice comments about my paintings....but then added...

"I don't think gnomes have pointed ears.  Elves do."

Of course, I had to immediately google it.  Who would've thought that one day I would be madly researching if gnomes do or do not have pointed ears.  Some sites said 'yes' they do, while others said most definitely 'no'.  I've decided that my gnomes DO have pointed ears.  Otherwise, they'd just look like little Santas wearing dunce hats.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment