Tuesday, May 1, 2012

making special memories out of lil' moments...


My lil' Macy's stuffed monkey is not just any toy.  At preschool each student was allowed to bring a stuffed animal that would sleepover.  Well, when the preschoolers arrived the next morning they found that the stuffed animals had munched on popcorn, trashed the classroom and left notes for the students!
Needless to say, that pretty much sealed the deal....'monkey' was #1 in Macy's book.

For as long as I can remember, Macy has talked about her monkey's birthday.  Now, Macy never narrowed it down to a particular month or date, but she would say that monkey's birthday "was coming up" and that we needed to celebrate.

So, one night I decided...why not?!  Okay...I openly admit that this is a bit coo-coo, but the kids loved it and got such a kick out of it.  When the kids went to bed I grabbed a few things from around the house and wrapped them.  The next morning I told the kids we were going to give 'monkey' (and Evan's kitty) a special day.  The kids decorated the wrapped presents and the anticipation grew.  Macy took her time taping on silk flowers onto the wrapped box while Evan used stickers to decorate his.  It didn't take long...we decided to sing 'happy birthday' and dive right into unwrapping.  The kids were giddy. 

Although I'm not sure how old these special friends are, I am sure that the plastic bananas and fishy crackers were a huge hit!
...and why didn't I use this as an excuse to make cupcakes?!... 

No comments:

Post a Comment