Wednesday, December 18, 2013

copyright 2013
 
I am excited to announce that my latest designs are complete and off to The Hearthside Collection!
 
The next few weeks will be my time to regroup.  When I finish any large scale project, I like to spend some time cleaning up the studio.  It allows my mind time to begin switching gears to the next project.  I'll take all 'used' thumbnail sketches and file them away, go through the stack of sketches that are waiting for the right moment, and pitch anything that I don't feel confident about.
 
I've also started hanging large black poster board (using binder clips) on one studio wall.  I then use each poster board to help me categorize projects- -either by season or job.  This was especially helpful in the fall when I had our family boutique, Fremont's Prairie Hearth shop and my licensing work for The Hearthside Collection to create for.  I am so visual and an organization nut. 
 
Going through my files of thumbnail sketches will also trigger ideas.  So, I'll begin placing those ideas/sketches on the poster board for 2014 work.  The next big project on the 'to do' list is creating inventory for Prairie Hearth.  I'll focus on everyday product and spring.  It's always funny to me that I'll be painting flowers and such when we have snow on the ground outside. 
 
Wishing you a very happy holiday!
All the best to you.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment