Tuesday, June 7, 2011

something new...

A while back I took a great class (for my Masters in Education program) that allowed us the studio time to 'play'.  I worked with layering tissue paper onto my plaster creations.  FUN! 
So...I think somewhere in my heart I wanted to get back to that.  Recently, as in the example shown above, I've been working with painting backgrounds and layering tissue paper cut outs onto them.  The tissue presents a challenge, but it's really got me excited to be in the studio.  In fact, one morning I got up before the kids...at the crack of dawn!...just to get into the studio to work.  Oh, P.S., I didn't even have coffee!  :)
My favorite aspect about these works is my 'secret weapon' (it's really not so secret!)...my black charcoal pencil!  I am still amazed at how the charcoal pencil step transforms the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment