Thursday, June 9, 2011

BLOOM


During quiet moments in the studio my mind starts to wander.  I get to thinking about how blessed I am...to have my family...my friends...and to be able to create for a living.

These tissue paper paintings were an ideal reminder for me of how supportive my family and friends are of my work.  This particular piece is created on the bottom panel of a dresser drawer.  Many thanks to my friend, Lisa, for thinking of me and hauling 9 dresser drawers home so that I could use them to create!
Sara, my cousin, thank you for re-introducing me to the charcoal pencil.  I LOVE IT!
To my dear hubby- thank you for always cheering me on, allowing me to dream and watching the kiddos so that I can sneak away to the studio to create.
I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment