Friday, June 10, 2011

something new...

Today we packed up the kids and went for a stroll at a local outdoor arts festival.  I had such a ball.  The weather was unusually pleasant and the Ring Pops I packed for the kids bought me some time to look around.  It was nice to be around other creative people and to 'oooo' and 'ahhh'.
When I got home I decided to allow myself time to stretch what I currently do....to "play".
 
So....the above painting, which started out the day with my usual black background, got a coat of spunky blue over the black and I tried to jazz up the piece with my new secret (ha ha) weapon- - a black charcoal pencil.
I have to admit that I am kinda excited about it.  And, although it was much more time-consuming than my usual painting process, I want to do more.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - LOVE THIS! Max sang this at his preschool graduation. My grandpa used to sing it to my mom. Needless to say, two days prior to his graduation my grandpa passed away. I think the crowd thought my mom and I were crazy, we couldn't hold back the tears. It brought a smile to my face when I saw this painting - I love it. you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete