Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Although I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get into the studio each day and create, it just does not happen.  I'm trying hard to 'go with it' and make the time count when I am able to paint.  I remind myself that 'each step is in the right direction'.  So, even if I'm able to just base coat a handful of items in one day or varnish a few pieces another day, at least I'm moving forward toward work goals.

I've changed a few major things about my work habits this season.  I try not to work in the evenings.  It's not good.  I'm definitely more creative in the mornings and after all these years, I'm tired of bucking that.  In addition, after going to physical therapy last fall, I decided to not work on the floor anymore.  Even with many tables set up, I would find myself placing my large wood painting on the floor to paint.  My shoulder decided to scream at me.  So, I've tried to listen. 

With my anxiety building (about getting enough artwork created for fall) I keep trying to breathe and tell myself that all will work out.  I am happy that I have that excitement for creating and that the ideas are flowing.  Time in the studio will come.


No comments:

Post a Comment