Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I am gearing up for fall boutiques!

I've been picking up some fun things to paint on here and there, but decided to make a stop at Lowe's/Home Depot the other day to finally dive into getting some wood cut for large paintings.  I LOVE that they will make cuts for free.  Of course, you can't get too crazy or they start charging, but it is such a relief to have them cut huge sheets of wood down to 'painting size' right there at the store. 
Of course, our trip was followed by me pulling off to the side of the road on the way home because the wood was trying to jump out of the back of the truck, but that's another story. 
After getting everything unloaded and into the garage I spent a good chunk of a day sanding like a crazy woman.  Afterward my hand was a bit numb (no kidding) and my ears did that weird 'I've just been to a rock concert' thing, but I was SO excited to have the wood ready for paint! 
In the next few days I want to get things base coated.  I'm going to try something new...rolling on the base coat with a house paint.  Once the base coat is on I usually get a surge of creative energy and have a hard time sleeping until my thoughts are sketched/painted.  I keep reminding myself that fall shows and deadlines are right around the corner, so rather than make myself go bonkers I'm trying to get a jump on things now.  Wish me luck and stay tuned....I'll probably be posting images of pumpkins in August and snowmen in September.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment