Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ebb and Flow

(photo of the arrival of blanks from The Hearthside Collection)

When I do get a chance to read an artist's blog, peek at Pinterest or catch up on a Where Women Create magazine, the term "ebb and flow" keeps popping up in regards to the creative process. This is something I really struggle with.
My mind tells me that to stay successful I need to stay working....to push myself to get into the studio daily to sketch, experiment and create.
My heart tells me that I need to enjoy the summer with my kiddos, as they both will soon be in school. Trips to the zoo, hikes at a State Park, even making cardboard box 'cars' for a drive-in movie experience in the living room (....that dang Pinterest!...) win over.
Being a stay-at-home and working-from-home momma is always a balancing act. I never seem to have it 'down', but am learning to be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment